10 Interesting Facts About Budapest
1. Budapest is the largest and capital city of Hungary.
2. There are over 1.7 million people living in the city of Budapest.
3. Budapest has tons of World Heritage Sites – Danube, Heroes Square, Buda Castle, etc.
4. The largest thermal water cave system can be found in Budapest.
5. The city of Budapest has an area of 525.2 Kilometer squared.
6. The word ‘Budapest’ came from the combined city of Buda and Pest.
7. One of the oldest subway line in the world is in Budapest.
8. The Budapest Zoo is one of the oldest in the world.
9. The second largest synagogue in the world is in Budapest, the Dohany Synagogue.
10. The inventor of the Rubrik’s cube was born in Budapest (Erno Rubrik).
Expedia.com - See flights, bundle deals and more on Expedia.com, an online travel website for airline tickets, rental cars, cruises and vacations.
Hotels.com - A leading website for booking hotel rooms. Compare hotels with guest reviews to find the right room.
TripAdvisor.com - Find more city guides and reviews with TripAdvisor.com, the largest travel site for planning and booking trips.