10 Interesting Facts About Bangkok
1. Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand.
2. The full city name of Bangkok is the longest in the world.
Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit
3. Bangkok has the hottest average air temperature in the world.
4. The world’s largest golden Buddha is located in Bangkok.
5. There are over 8 million people living in Bangkok making it the most populous city in Thailand.
6. Bangkok has been referred to as ‘Venice of the East’ because of its many canals.
7. Bangkok was founded in 1769.
8. The Chatuchak Market in Bangkok is considered one of the largest markets in the world.
9. According to many travel guides, Bangkok is one of the world’s most visited cities.
10. The Emerald Buddha is housed at Wat Phra Kaew on the Grand Palace grounds in Bangkok.