10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DUBLIN, IRELAND
1. The word Dublin derived from Dubhlinn, an Irish name meaning ‘Black Pool’.
2. Street signs are posted in both English and Gaelic (an indigenous Irish Language).
3. The relics of Saint Valentines (patron saint of love) can be found at the Whitefriar street Carmelite church.
4. The Book of Kells, one of the most magnificent manuscripts in the world is at the Trinity College Dublin.
5. The famous U2 rock band came from Dublin.
6. There’s a National Leprechaun Museum located between Jervis street and Middle Abbey.
7. The Phoenix Park is considered as one of the largest walled recreational space in any European city.
8. About 50% of Dublin’s population are under the age of 25.
9. The O’Connell Bridge is the only bridge in Europe that has the same width as its length.
10. Dublin city measures at around 44.5 square miles.
If you have any additional facts you would like to share, please post below on the comment section.