10 Interesting Facts About Kyoto
1. Kyoto was once the capital of Japan for over a thousand years.
2. The population of Kyoto is around 1.5 million people.
3. Kyoto is located about 453 Kilometer south west of Tokyo.
4. There are about 1600 temples and 400 shrines in Kyoto.
5. 17 World Heritage Sites can be found in Kyoto.
6. Kyoto has a total area of 827.8 Kilometer squared.
7. Kyoto is very famous for its matcha (green tea) drinks and foods.
8. The Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine is one of the most popular places to visit in Kyoto.
9. Kyoto is located in the Kansai region of Japan (neighbor to these popular cities: Osaka, Nara and Kobe).
10. A popular specialty dish in Kyoto is Tofu.