10 Interesting Facts About London
1. There are over 13.8 million people living in the London metropolitan area.
2. The oldest underground railway network is the London Underground (the Tube).
3. London is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
4. Big Ben is actually the bell inside the tower.
5. Greater London has an area of 607 Square miles.
6. During the Roman Empire, London was called Londinium.
7. There are four World Heritage Sites in London: The Tower of London, Greenwich, Kew Gardens and the area of Palace of Westminster, Westminster Abbey and St. Margaret’s Church.
8. London is a diverse city with over 300 languages spoken within Greater London.
9. Summer Olympics were held in London three times (1908, 1948 and 2012).
10. More than half of the London Underground is actually above ground.
Pin for later:
Expedia.com - See flights, bundle deals and more on Expedia.com, an online travel website for airline tickets, rental cars, cruises and vacations.
Hotels.com - A leading website for booking hotel rooms. Compare hotels with guest reviews to find the right room.
TripAdvisor.com - Find more city guides and reviews with TripAdvisor.com, the largest travel site for planning and booking trips.