10 Interesting Facts About Osaka
1. Osaka is also known as the ‘Nation’s Kitchen’. There’s lots of delicious food everywhere in Osaka.
2. Osaka is the second largest metropolitan area (first is Tokyo) in Japan.
3. The metro area of Osaka has over 19.3 million people.
4. Dotonbori is one of the main tourist destination in Osaka. This is where the Glico runner is located.
5. Osaka is located about 500 kilometers southwest of Tokyo.
6. Osaka is in the Kansai Region of Japan (neighbor to these popular cities: Kyoto, Nara and Kobe).
7. Osaka city has an area of 223 kilometers squared.
8. Osaka in Japanese means large slope or large hill.
9. The National Bunraku Theater (traditional puppet performance) is located in Osaka.
10. The Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is the second largest aquarium tank in the world (first is Georgia Aquarium).