Here are the 10 interesting facts about Vienna, Austria:
1. Vienna is the largest and capital city of Austria.
2. The original snow globe was invented in Vienna.
3. Tiergarten Schonbrunn in Vienna is the oldest Zoo in the world.
4. World’s oldest Carousel is also located in Vienna.
5. Vienna is known as the ‘City of Music’ because of its musical heritage. Home to famous composers such as Mozart, Beethooven, Brahms and many others.
6. It’s also known as the ‘City of Dreams’, a birthplace of Psychotherapy.
7. More than one fourth of the population in Austria lives in Vienna.
8. Each year, about 200-300 balls take place in Vienna.
9. Vienna has a population of 1.75 million people.
10. The largest emaralds can be found at the Hofburge Palace Vienna. Each emerald weighs about 2,205 carats.