Spain, a country rich in history, culture and traditions. From the delicious Paella to the graceful flamenco dancers; it’s no wonder why many tourist from all over the world visit this beautiful country. There are over 20 large cities in Spain however, here’s a quick summary of the cities to visit in Spain.
The top 5 Best cities to visit in Spain:
1. Barcelona – the second largest city in Spain with over 1.6 million in population within its city limits. Not only do they speak Spanish in this city, they also speak a dialect called Catalan. This city is known for its night life and beautiful beaches. As well as beautiful architectures especially the famous La Sagrada Familia built by the Spanish architect, Antoni Gaudi.
Places to see: La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Barceloneta, Las Ramblas
2. Madrid – largest city and the capital of Spain. It is also known for its famous universities as well as the mix of new and old architectures. The Royal Palace is also located in this city.
Places to see: Royal Palace, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte, Plaza Mayor, El Rastro
3. Malaga – the southern most large city in Spain at the Costa del Sol. This city has a fairly mild temperature because of its location. The famous artist Pablo Picasso was born in this city.
Places to see: Museo Picasso Malaga, Alcazaba of Malaga, Palacio de la Aduana
4. Seville – This city contains three UNESCO World Heritage sites such as the Alcazar Palace, Cathedral and General Archive of the Indies. It is also a region known for its nightlife as well as cultural capital. At La Encarnacion square, there is a famous structure called ‘Metropol Parasol’ design for shade from the sun.
Places to see: Alcazar of Seville, Seville Cathedral, Plaza de Espana, Metropol Parason, General Archive of the Indies
5. Valencia – home of the original Spanish dish Paella. This city is the third largest city next to Madrid and Barcelona. One of their famous event is held sometime in March called ‘Las Fallas’, a traditional celebration of St. Joseph and the coming of Spring season.
Places to see: City of Arts and Sciences, Valencia Bioparc, Plaza de Toros de Valencia, L’Oceonografic
– When visiting Spain for the holidays, its best to book an early package holiday to get deals and bargains.
There you go, the top 5 best cities to visit in Spain. Have you been to Spain? Share us your story.