This past weekend we went to see the Gamescom convention – this is a trade fair for video games that is yearly held at Koelnmesse in Germany. Over 275,000 visitors attend this show, and this was its third year.
At the End of Nations booth, this is an online strategy game from Trion Worlds. They had a huge 10 feet robot where you can sit inside and take photos. The line was very long so I didn’t get a chance to get into it.
Cute games info:
At the super cute GREE booth, this station had so many cute little games for android (not sure if apple as well) – my favorite ones are the ‘Be my Princess’ and ‘Closet Wars’.
Be My Princess for GREE Voltage is one of the games that actually caught my attention — the concept is that you will be in a palace and meet six princes from different kingdom however, you cannot fall in love with any of them.
More info on Gamescom:
- It cost about 14 euros for a 1 day event
- The admission ticket can also be used as your train pass to go to the convention center
- Better to buy the tickets in advance online
- Be prepared to wait 1-2 hours in line for popular video games, however some of them give goody bags!
- The Koln central is only 1 stop away from the convention center (just in case you wanted to do something different other than the convention).