This week almost all of my posts are about my Oktoberfest experiences – and here’s a little information that I have learned while I visited Munich’s Oktoberfest event.
5 Fun Facts about Oktoberfest:
1. The first Oktoberfest was held in October 12, 1810. This was the day when Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese, and they invited the citizens of Munich to attend the event. Thus, started the tradition yearly.
2. In the past years, Oktoberfest was moved to the last week of September to allow better weather conditions. October in Germany is quite cold especially during the night.
3. About 6 million people from around the world attend this event – most of them coming from Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
4. About 7 million Liters of beer are served during this event.
5. Only beers brewed within Munich city limits are allowed to be served at the Oktoberfest event.
Expedia.com - See flights, bundle deals and more on Expedia.com, an online travel website for airline tickets, rental cars, cruises and vacations.
Hotels.com - A leading website for booking hotel rooms. Compare hotels with guest reviews to find the right room.
TripAdvisor.com - Find more city guides and reviews with TripAdvisor.com, the largest travel site for planning and booking trips.