How to start a blog? Starting a blog can be frustrating and exciting at the same time. There’s lots of things to learn, but it’s such a rewarding experience once you get your blog up and running.
I started blogging over 10 years ago. And to this day, I still enjoy creating blog posts.
Before starting a blog, here are some questions to get you started thinking about your blog.
– What is your blog going to be about?
– Who are your readers?
– What are you going to name your blog?
– What would you like to achieve with your blog?
– How often can you write a blog post?
How to Start a Blog:
1. Blogging Platform
There are plenty of blogging platforms out there. The only platform I recommend is WordPress.org. WordPress.org is an open source software for creating websites and blogs.
Note: If you decide to use the WordPress.org software, you will need to have a hosting provider.
2. Hosting and Domain
For hosting blogs, I definitely recommend using Bluehost.com. It’s a trusted web hosting service used by many bloggers.
Bluehost starts at $3.95 per month. And it comes with 1 click WordPress install. And free Domain.
Setting up Bluehost account:
– Go to Bluehost.com and sign up.
– Select your hosting plan.
– Choose your domain name. (e.g. example.com)
– Fill in information to create your account.
– Login to your Bluehost account.
– Scroll to the website section and click Install WordPress.
– Click the Install button.
– Select the domain where you want to install your WordPress.
– Fill in the Admin information for WordPress.
– Wait for the WordPress installation to be completed.
– Once installation has been completed, you can view your Installation details (WordPress admin URL, Username and Password).
3. Blog Themes, Plugins & Posts
Go to your WordPress admin URL and log in.
On the left panel, select Appearance -> Themes. Choose from the different themes WordPress has available. Or you can also search for themes on WordPress.
On the left panel, select Plugins -> Add New. Must have plugins: Jetpack by WordPress, Akismet Anti-Spam, Yoast SEO.
On the left panel, select Posts -> Add New. And start writing your blog.
Tips on Blogging:
– Create meaningful and helpful post.
– Make sure to publish at least 20 post before promoting your blog. So your blog doesn’t look empty.
– Post at least once a week.
– Pick at least one social media to focus on when growing your network. My favorite is Pinterest.
– Look for blogs similar to yours and leave insightful comments on their posts.
Promoting your blog:
Here’s a list of social networking sites where you can post your blog.
– Facebook Page
I hope you find this post helpful on how to start a blog. Have fun blogging!
Visit Bluehost.com to see their special offer.
Pin for Later: