MILK is a fashion brand from Tokyo that started in the 70’s. It is considered as a pioneer brand in the Harajuku ‘kawaii’ fashion scene. Now, after decades of charming trends, MILK still holds an influence to the latest styles in Harajuku. MILK’s style has a combination of both cuteness and elegance.
I have been a fan of MILK since 2007, the first time I have found out about this brand was through a Japanese fashion magazine. The famous Japanese lolita model, Aoki Misako was wearing a MILK coordinate, and it was just so cute. So far I only have 2 MILK dresses, since they are quite pricey, however the quality of these dresses are superb. And the style of their dresses are classic and a staple piece for different occasions.
On my recent trip to Tokyo, I was able to visit the MILK store in Harajuku. The store has an elegant-boutique ambiance with a light cream-white colored theme. Inside you can find their latest collections and items, and the most sought-after heart bag. Also, the staffs were wearing a full MILK outfit coordinate.
Here are some photos inside the MILK Store:
Cute items around the shop:
Also, during my visit I was able to visit their MILKBOY store. Please stay tune for the next post about the MILKBOY store. A very cool store to check out as well.
Special thanks to the MILK store staffs especially Mr. Shingo for their kindness, and for granting my request to take photos inside their shops.
– Website: http://www.milk-web.net/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/MILK1970
– Hours: Daily 11:00 – 20:00
– How to get there: Take the Tokyo Metro stop at Meijijingumae ‘Harajuku’ station. Cross the Omotesando street (going away from La Foret Building about 2 minute walk). The store is in the Meiji Dori street.
– Location: 6 Chome – 29 – 3 Jingumae Shibuya-ku, Tokyo