Sanrio Puroland is a theme park that is purely all about the Sanrio theme, characters like Hello Kitty, Cinnamoroll, My Melody, and more. This theme park opened its doors on December 7, 1990 and it is located in Tama New Town, Tokyo. It hosts lots of rides, attractions, restaurants, and an awesome gift shop selling Sanrio merchandise. The park is definitely a must visit place for those who love Sanrio (well, especially Hello Kitty).
While Sanrio Puroland’s attractions are mostly in Japanese, it has attracted many visitors around the world because of the characters. One of the attractions on this park is the cute Sanrio character boat ride. And their main live performance is the Sanrio Heartful Parade, ‘Believe’.
This theme park is one of the most popular attractions to visit in Japan. It not only caters to young kids but to older Sanrio fanatics as well. The adult admission fee is only 3000 Yen (about $30 USD) check out the website for the price listings.
Special thanks to Chris for these kawaii photos: Source
– Website: http://www.puroland.co.jp/english/
– Typical hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 – 17:00, Saturday – Sunday: 9:45 – 18:00
– To purchase tickets: available at the ticket window in Puroland
– How to get there? Take the JR Chuo line to Shinjuku station, and change to the Keio line (29 minutes) bound for Hashimoto, and stop at Keio tama center station (5 minute walk).
– Address: 1-31 Ochai, Tama-shi, Tokyo, Japan