Myeongdong has got to be one of the most famous shopping districts in Seoul. It’s like a small town filled with shops – restaurants, cafes, accessory stores, beauty shops, and department stores. What makes this one of the best places to shop? Lots of the stores here sell very affordable clothing, cosmetics, and food! They also have tons of street foods stalls around the corner which are very tasty and cheap. Also, it’s not uncommon to run across cheap hotels in Seoul around this area, which will save you money to spend on your shopping trips
Most visitors in Myeongdong are from Japan, apparently they visit Seoul for shopping since its way much cheaper to buy things in Seoul rather than Tokyo. Also, from what I was told, the best seller items in Seoul are the Korean Beauty products (Check out my previous blog about My favorite cosmetic shops in Seoul).
– How to get there: Take the Seoul Subway line #4, Stop at Myeongdong Station, Exit 5, 6, 7, or 8
– Address: Euljiro, Jung-gu, Seoul-si
– Best time to shop to avoid the crowd: Weekday before 5:00 p.m. but its also good to see how its like to shop during the busy time at night
– Typical shopping hours (varies between shops): Monday-Sunday 11:00 – 22:00
– There are info station for foreigners around the district where you can request for maps for FREE!