Kyoto, a city located in the Kansai region of Japan. It was once the imperial capital of the country. This city is known for its thousands of temples and shrines. Also, the historical structures have been preserved so well, visiting Kyoto feels like traveling back in time.
Here’s a list of 11 things to do while in Kyoto:
1. Early morning hike going up to the top of Fushimi Inari shrine.
2. Buy a special Kyoto souvenir from one of the shops.
3. Take a walk through the Bamboo Forest in Arashiyama.
4. Stay at a Ryokan overnight. A Ryokan is a traditional Japanese inn.
5. Enjoy an authentic cup of matcha green tea.
6. Photograph the famous Kiyomizu-dera temple from a distance.
7. Try Kaiseki, a traditional and fancy Japanese course menu.
8. Stroll around the Gion district (a famous place to see Geishas).
9. Check out the different snacks at the Nishiki market.
10. See the beautiful Zen garden while having a traditional tofu meal in Ryoanji Yudofu.
11. Visit the Kinkakuji temple (Golden Pavilion).
Have you been to Kyoto before? Share us your story.
Pin for later: