Majorca, or Mallorca (whichever way is correct), is the largest island in the Balearic Islands of Spain. The islands consists of Minorca, Ibiza, Formentera and Majorca. Majorca is a great destination to see beautiful beaches, sunny shorelines, historical ruins, and stunning nature views. There are a couple of ways to see Majorca, but the best way is to book an all inclusive holiday to Majorca. A stress-free holiday planning and booking without the hassle.
There are lots of things to do and see in this island. But here’s the top 10 things to do in Majorca:
1. Shore excursion at Palma de Majorca: Discover the beautiful Mediterranean coast through an excursion at Palma de Majorca. Famous landmarks includes La Seu, Royal Palace of Almudaina, and Bellver Castle.
2. Palma Aquarium: This aquarium is located at the major port city. It contains over 700 marine species from around the world. An awesome place to check out and explore especially with family.
3. Hop on, Hop off city tour bus: Visit the capital island of Majorca and explore the different destination points around the city. This is a double-decker bus where you can take photos at the top deck and just relax while enjoying the ride.
4. Aqualand El Arenal Water Park: Get ready to spend a fun filled day with your family. This water park has tons of water adventures to offer – wave pool, waterslide, and whirlpools. Another fun activity with your family.
5. Catedral: A major architectural landmark in Palma. This cathedral was designed by the famous Antoni Gaudi (who also designed La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona) and Miquel Barcelo. A one of a kind cathedral and impressive interior design.
6. Cala Santanyi: A popular beach in Majorca due to its location. This beach is located near resorts and hotels and it has light sand and rocky cliffs. Also, there are beach cafes, restaurants and supermarket around the area.
7. Es Trenc: Stunning white sand beach that is relatively less commercial. However, it is still quite popular among locals and tourist. This beach is more quiet and remote than the other beaches.
8. Cuevas Del Drach: Also known as Dragon Cave is an impressive attraction that extends 1200 meters and 25 meters above the cave floor. Inside the cave, you can find one of the largest subterranean lakes in the world.
9. Purobeach Palma Bay: Hangout by the sea and enjoy the beautiful lounge at Purobeach. A very chic and trendy bar with a 180 degree view of the sea. This bar was actually voted number one by World Virgin Magazine.
10. Serra de Tramuntana (Mountains of the north wind): The Serra de Tramuntana are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These mountains have stunning views, and can be seen by foot or by train.
Have you been to Majorca? Share your story.
Expedia.com - See flights, bundle deals and more on Expedia.com, an online travel website for airline tickets, rental cars, cruises and vacations.
Hotels.com - A leading website for booking hotel rooms. Compare hotels with guest reviews to find the right room.
TripAdvisor.com - Find more city guides and reviews with TripAdvisor.com, the largest travel site for planning and booking trips.