Gibraltar is a British territory located at the southern border of the Province of Cadiz, Spain. The estimated population is about 29,000 and the currency used is UK and Gibraltar pound. If you plan to visit Andalusia, Spain, you may want to visit Gibraltar as well. This country may be small but it has some fascinating things to see.
Here are the 5 things to do in Gibraltar:
1. Rock of Gibraltar: This rock is the only landmark of the region. And at the top of this rock lives the Barbary macaques (the monkeys). These monkeys are considered the highlight of the Gibraltar attraction.
2. St. Michael’s Cave: This cave is also located within the rock. It is the most visited cave in Gibraltar about 1,000,000 visitor per year. The cave is now converted into a tourist attraction, auditorium, and a stage with a seating capacity of 100.
3. Europa Point: This area is the southern most point of Gibraltar, it notable buildings include – Harding’s Battery, Lighthouse, Mosque, Shrine and Nun’s Well.
4. Botanic Gardens: The Gibraltar Botanic Gardens (La Alameda Gardens) were founded in 1816. These gardens span around 15 acres. Its a good place to have a relaxing and enjoyable time.
5. Fish and Chips: Try out the Fish and Chips in Gibraltar at the Roy’s Real English. Our tour guide recommended to try the Fish and Chips in Gibraltar (which were really good by the way).
Have you been to Gibraltar? Share us your story.