Yes, you’ve read it correctly it’s the ‘Ultimate Hello Kitty Travel Destinations’ around the world. This post will be a guide to all the ‘must-see’ Hello Kitty places. Hello Kitty has always been my favorite character since I was a little girl, and for some reason I have never grown out of love for her. Until now, whenever I travel I research for Hello Kitty places like shops or cafes around the area, sometimes there are some Hello Kitty related things, other times there are none. But I never lose hope, so with regards to that, I am creating this guide so it can help fellow Hello Kitty fans find Hello Kitty destinations around the world.
Also, if you love cute places to visit, you should check out the Cute Places directory.
HELLO KITTY SHOPS
There are tons of Sanrio/Hello Kitty stores around the world anywhere from official retail shops to licensed stores. However, here are the top shops you have to see since they are special and some are even flagship stores recommended by Sanrio Japan.
– Sanrioworld Ginza: A flagship store with the world’s largest Sanrio products, and it has a huge Hello Kitty figurine. Location: 2nd Floor Nishi Ginza Department Store, 4-1 Saki, Ginza Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
– Questina Ginza: The only Sanrio store that caters to grown-ups. It has special items, nail salon, and a floral shop. Location: 1st Floor Nishi Ginza Department Store, 4-1 Saki, Ginza Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
– Sanrio Outlet Shop Wentorf: A Sanrio Outlet shop in Wentorf, Germany. This is also the Sanrio European Head Office. Location: Zwischen den Toren 9, 21465 Wentorf bei Hamburg, Germany.
– Hello Kitty World Turkey (Atasehir): This store features a Hello Kitty building with a cafe and shop inside. And a lovely outdoor Sanrio theme. Location: Barbaros Mah. Halk Cad. No: 37 Atashehir, 34746.
– Sanrio Las Vegas: A Sanrio store at the Fashion Show mall in Las Vegas. A cute place at the Las Vegas strip. Location: 3200 S Las Vegas Blvd #600, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
Sanrio New York (closed): In the heart of Times Square, you can find the Sanrio New York. It is somewhat a boutique as well, since it sells some high end Hello Kitty items. Location: 233 West 2nd Street, New York, New York 10036.
HELLO KITTY CAFE/RESTAURANTS
These recent years, there are tons of Hello Kitty themed cafes that have opened up mostly in Asia. And hopefully in the future there will be more of them in other parts of the world. Check out these Hello Kitty themed cafes across the globe:
– Hello Kitty Sweets: This Hello Kitty themed cafe is located in Taipei, Taiwan. It serves lunch and dinner, and the place even food are designed in Hello Kitty. Location: No. 90 Sec.1, Da_an Rd., Xinyi Dist. Taipei, Taiwan.
– Hello Kitty High Tea (SET Genki Tei): SET Genki Tei is a restaurant in The Hague, Netherlands that serves Hello Kitty High Tea during certain times. The afternoon tea includes a tiered Hello Kitty themed sweets and your choice of tea. Location: Schoolstraat 4, 2511 AX The Hague, Netherlands.
– Hello Kitty House Bangkok: A Hello Kitty cafe, shop and spa located in Bangkok, Thailand. This place just recently opened in August 2014, and it’s very popular among young women. Location: 388 Siam Square One Building, Bangkok, Thailand.
– Sanrio Cafe USA: The Sanrio Cafe is located in Aiea, Hawaii. And I think this is the only Sanrio/Hello Kitty cafe in the USA. Location: 98-1005 Moanalua Road, Aiea, Hawaii 96701
– Sanrio Cafe Brazil: Another Sanrio Cafe, this one is located in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The cafe has a beige color design with Sanrio characters. Most of their food has a Hello Kitty theme. Location: Bourbon Shopping Sao Paulo, Av. Turiassu 2.100 – Pompeia Brazil
– Hello Kitty World Cafe and Shop: The Hello Kitty World Cafe and Shop is located at the Suadiye section in Istanbul. They recently moved and renovated (maybe earlier in 2014), the new location is at the same street. Location: Suadiye Mah. Bagdat Cad. Haci. Mavuk Is. Merkezi No: 357 Kadikoy, Istanbul.
Hello Kitty Dreams (Closed): This restaurant was featured on CNN a while back, but it has been closed sometime in 2013. The restaurant was located in Beijing, China.
HELLO KITTY THEMED HOTEL ROOMS
There have been a few of hotels that created Hello Kitty themed rooms for a limited time only. But there are two hotels that have exclusive Hello Kitty themed rooms/suites:
– Grand Hi-Lai: The Grand Hi-Lai hotel is a plaza hotel located in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It features two types of Hello Kitty accommodations – Hello Kitty suite and Hello Kitty room. It also has a Hi-Lai Kitty house that’s located at the lobby for exclusive Hello Kitty items. Location: No. 266, Cheng-kung 1st Rd., Kaohsiung City 801 Taiwan.
– Lotte Hotel Jeju: The Lotte Hotel Jeju is a luxury hotel in the Jeju islands of South Korea. There are three types of Hello Kitty rooms available – Princess, Ladies, and Kids rooms. Location: 35 Jungmungwangwang-ro 72beon-gil, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do Korea.
HELLO KITTY THEME PARKS
It’s without a doubt that Hello Kitty is superbly popular, and for this reason there are themed parks dedicated for this cute kitty.
– Hello Kitty Island: The Hello Kitty Island is a museum and cafe inside a Hello Kitty themed building in Jeju, South Korea. Location: 340, Hanchang-ro, Andeok-myeon, Seogwipo, Jeju-do, South Korea.
– Sanrio Hello Kitty Town: According to Sanrio Hello Kitty Town’s website, they are the first attraction outside of Japan that’s Hello Kitty themed. This town has performances, playground, rides and many more. Location: Puteri Harbour Indoor Family Theme Park, Nusajaya, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
– Sanrio Puroland: The Sanrio Puroland is an indoor theme park located in Tama New Town, Tokyo. A theme park for Sanrio and Hello Kitty fans, this park has rides, restaurants, shops and more. Location: 1-31 Ochiai, Tama Tokyo 206-8588
– Harmonyland: Harmonyland is another Sanrio theme park located in Japan. This one is in the Oita Prefecture in Kyushu. It is an outdoor theme park where you can meet your favorite Sanrio characters. Location: 5933 Fujiwara, Hiji-machi, Hayami-gun, Oita Prefecture 879-1502
– Hello Kitty Castle: This castle has a pink Hello Kitty house-like design both interior and exterior. The furniture inside the place are also Hello Kitty themed style. Located in Xinhua Road, Shanghai China.
– Universal Wonderland: The Universal Wonderland features different characters (like Snoopy, Elmo, etc.) and Hello Kitty. There’s a section called the Hello Kitty Fashion Avenue where you can check out the cupcake shop, ribbon boutique and ride the cupcake dream. Location: 2-1-33 Sakurajima, Konohana-ku, Osaka, 554-0031
OTHER HELLO KITTY DESTINATIONS
There are also other Hello Kitty themed destinations around the world.
– Hello Kitty Beauty Spa: The first ever Hello Kitty Spa in the world located in Dubai. This spa offer services like hair cuts, manicures, pedicures and massages. Location: Town Center Jumeirah, Dubai
– Hello Kitty maternity hospital: The Hello Kitty maternity hospital was opened in Taiwan sometime ago. And the hospital is decorated in pink Hello Kitty designs from its blankets to the uniforms worn by staffs.
HELLO KITTY EVA AIR
And of course, Hello Kitty-themed airlines (EVA Air) to complete your Hello Kitty travel destinations. This airline goes to Taipei, Los Angles, Tokyo, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Seoul, Guam, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
I hope that this post was helpful and thank you for reading. Feel free to like, share and bookmark this post.
Have a wonderful day!